ST1 and ST2 - Out of Programme Experience
The Severn School of Primary Care offers our trainees the opportunity to spend time out of programme between ST2 and ST3 to further develop their career.
- OOPE applications are considered competitively by a school panel, through a standard application managed by the GP Recruitment and Selection Manager.
There will be selection criteria against which each application can be considered including:
1) benefit to the candidate’s career progression in General Practice
2) benefit to General Practice in the NHS
3) benefit to the health of the country of the placement
4) the capacity of the PCS to accommodate the OOP will necessarily restrict the number of available places in each programme.
- Those with genuine caring or health needs will generally be prioritised over other applications.
- The decision of this panel will be final.
- No salary from SWSHA will be available for the period OOP.
- Trainees must remain registered with the GMC while on OOPE. Voluntary erasure from the register would compromise their right to a CCT.
- That the school allows a maximum of five trainees per year to take time OOP. They will be spread across the five programmes as equitably as possible.
- The placement will normally be for one calendar year between ST2 and ST3
Further details are available at: